Friday, November 18, 2011

Happy Bruchday!

Well, it's not actually Bruch's birthday, but a recent conversation with a student reminded me that many years ago I'd been regularly rehearsing the Bruch concerto with a fantastic violinist, and for her birthday, I penned the following:



...so, um, yeah, if you know a violinist with a birthday, send'em over here. And when January 6 rolls around, we'll all have a nice way to celebrate. (This is, of course, an homage to this (which should start at the 1:22 mark).)


P.S. I realize it would make more sense if I'd waited until January, but I could use a blog post and life is insanely busy right now. Besides, I figure someone somewhere must be having a birthday today...
UPDATE: At some point, I made a video version. Here it is:

1 comment:

sarah marie said...

Haha I find this both hilarious and horrifying at the same time. Strange how well it works!